Recovering the Cognos Framework Manager Project File cpf file from existing Package - P30-of-30
How often in our projects do we loose the cpf file and we have the package on the cognos server.
Here is a simple step to recover the cognos cpf file.
1. Create a new file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<configuration company="Cognos" version="0.1" rendition="cer2">
<section name="General Options">
<entry name="KeepModelXML" value="1" />
2. Restart the Cognos server.
3. There is a package known as Sales Order in Public Folder; we dont have cpf file for this.
4. Open Cognos Report Studio and create a new report on the same package.
5. Run the report.
6. A new xml file will be created under <Cognos_Installed_location>/data/cqe/RTModels 7. 7. Rename this file as model.xml
8. Open Framework Manager and create a new empty project.
9. Close Framework Manager.
10. Locate this Framework Manager project and replace the model.xml with our xml from RTModels.
11. Open the project and your cpf is generated; have fun.
SO THATS IT...